These spooky chocolate cake balls will be a hit with kids at Halloween – they can help decorate them too
- Prep:30 mins
- Cook:5 mins. (plus chilling)
- 100g/4oz madeira cake
- 100g Oreo cookie
- 100g bar milk chocolate, melted
- 200g bar white chocolate, melted
- few Smarties and icing pens, to decorate
You will also need
- 10 wooden skewers
- ½ small pumpkin or butternut squash , deseeded, to stand pops in
- STEP 1Break the Madeira cake and cookies into the bowl of a food processor, pour in the melted milk chocolate and whizz to combine.
- STEP 2Tip the mixture into a bowl, then use your hands to roll into about 10 walnut-sized balls. Chill for 2 hrs until really firm.
- STEP 3Push a skewer into each ball, then carefully spoon the white chocolate over the cake balls to completely cover. Stand the cake pops in the pumpkin, then press a Smartie onto the surface while wet. Chill again until the chocolate has set. Before serving, using the icing pens, add a pupil to each Smartie and wiggly red veins to the eyeballs.